Thursday, June 18, 2009

more than words... the ultimate wisdom

this was posted on Love crusader by a good friend of mine...
What is love?

This is a controversial question that, in some shape, form or fashion, puzzles each individual. Last night while browsing Facebook, I happened to notice a close friend’s status in which asked this somewhat polemical question.

This was my answer:

“My favorite definition of love comes from my one of my mother’s favorite movies, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin:

“Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being “in love” which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident…we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.”


…however, i’ve grown to learn (and am still learning) that love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It’s real. It’s elevating. It lifts up your spirit in a way nothing else can. Even at your lowest, love allows u to feel your best.

Love is not always about having a candle-lit dinner or exchanging expensive gifts. It means way much more than that. Love cannot be measured with materialistic things or romantic rhymes. It is an unconditional feeling that inspires, revives and even sometimes hurts.

At the end of the day, you don’t have reasons for loving, you just do.

The 13th Chapter of Corinthians explains love in way more detail…

READ it in ur spare time…”

So now…

What does love mean to? Care to share?

via biblegateway.com
Corinthians 13:

Love

If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


To be able to love is the ultimate wisdom. true love is forever it is infinite and perfect. love is the only perfection in a world of imperfections. it is not judgmental or immature or unforgiving. it is all that is good with the world and nothing horrible. love is completely beautiful.

No comments:

 

count web visits
Inkjet Printer Cartridges