Friday, May 29, 2009

Inspirationis free: As a child...



I really don't know what to add to this. via:Street Etiquette


"JKISSI : Yes , my little nephew 5 year old Jeremiah is next up in line. I never really noticed how conscious he was about his dressing until his mother told me he insists that his sleeves are rolled up and such. Jeremiah goes to a catholic school here in NYC, where with catholic schools come uniforms , and he feels he needs to distinguish himself from the rest. I just need to air out that I , Joshua Kissi, in no way had any influence on the poses or clothes Jeremiah chose to wear. People may not believe me at all , but it is the truth of the matter here. From the Corduroy blazer , pink oxford, rolled up chinos, red socks accompanied by boat shoes speaks which volumes to a adult , I had no play. What I admire is he is still in fact a kid, his nose gets runny, he loves to swoosh around with his favorite spider man toy making loud noises, while still expressing himself to the max when it comes to dressing. I thought to myself at Jeremiah’s age I was quite rebellious on the choice of clothes my Mom chose for me. I would always label her choices as “not cool” because it lacked bagginess or looked too preppy to wear. This just took my brain in a spin to the future of when I have kids of my very own, and how that would turn out. thought to myself I remember Scott Schuman ( The Sartorialist ) featuring kids on his blog, but mostly in European countries. He stated some interesting points about snapping pictures of his own children and children in general. He gives the inspiration and idea of his well known blog to his two daughters. “Children dress to express, not impress” that quote right there just spoke to me concerning my nephew. The idea of impressing people in fashion by dressing a certain way is what most adults strive to do. In contrast kids could care less about impressing, they are really about expressing their goofy and funny personalities in the way they dress."


How many of us supress our own creativity to please those around us? I have to say that I'm somewhat lucky because my Mom has recently chosen to suppourt my dream, but I know countless other cases of people choosing not to follow their heart because of fear of disappointing their parents or society. Follow your heart. If your really serious about your passion once you truly begin to work your dediction and commitment will win your parents over. And you'll thank me in the long run.

No comments:

 

count web visits
Inkjet Printer Cartridges